Apatia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

— A Runes of Magic Roleplaying Guild Forum —

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Guild castle – the construction continues

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Orpherus
Admin
Orpherus

Guild castle – the construction continues Empty
PostSubject: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:23 am

Now that we have a guild castle, we could think about what we actually want to build there. Adding buildings will demand a lot of resources and guild runes, but well... we do have time?

At first we need to build a foundation for a small or a large building – personally I think the large ones are more interesting. This requires 75 x gold, materials and guild runes.

Then, in order to build anything else, we need an Academy building lvl1. It requires 71,500 gold, 3250 of each material and 210 guild runes.

And then, we can actually get some nice building. The first thing we could get with these prerequisites would be a Library. It would cost 81,000g, 4550 of each material and 2500 guild runes (this is the worst part!) and its function would be studying in order to decrease death penalty.

Another thing we could get is a Stable to increase mount speed for some time, it'd cost 72,000g, 3900 of each material and 390 guild runes.

Another option is to go for a small building foundation and then make fields, lumber yards or forges. Small buildings don't cost guild runes.

Soo... what would you probably like?

Last edited by Orpherus on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://apatia.guildmmorpg.net

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:29 pm

I am aware I am new to the guild and the game but I'd say let's go for the large ones.

Let's all put some effort in it!
Back to top Go down
Orpherus
Admin
Orpherus

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:33 pm

Ahoy, folks, I've got news!
We are not far from getting a lvl1 library! Constructing it no longer requires guild runes, and we already have an academy lvl1. Material-wise we're talking about less than 100k gold and a few thousands worth of ore, wood and herbs. Let's all keep contributing now so that we can have our buildings!
Back to top Go down
Orpherus
Admin
Orpherus

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:26 am

We have now got a lvl1 library! Happy studying, folks!

What should we build next? I have a strong feeling we can concentrate on building nice things instead of lvling the guild, because well... I don't see why we should lvl it anymore. We're not even remotely close to the member cap.

http://www.theromwiki.com/Guild_Castles
Information on the possible upgrades to the castle, please express your opinion!
Back to top Go down
Andraliel

Andraliel

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:33 am

Haha, if you ask me what to build next, I'd say: The one which looks the most neat. Vanity before everything else.

Back to top Go down
Orpherus
Admin
Orpherus

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:21 am

Too bad there are no pics available of all those things. Nevertheless, suggestions please!
Back to top Go down
Armistan

Armistan

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:37 am

Now that we have the stables, I've been researching on whether there might be something else we'd like to build.

The way I see it, Drill Grounds might offer some possibilities on building an RP scene around, we're just 21 rubies short (I've no idea where those come from) as well as a bit of resource gathering. Alas, it seems to be widely considered the most useless structure, which made finding a picture very difficult.
The best I have is this video (around 1:33): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=771-mjRLN0E&feature=related
I suppose the builder has a better view of the possible buildings on his or her interface.

This is just a suggestion and I'll be happy to gather resources for any other project as well, even if it's just leveling up the guild.

Also, here's some additional links with screenshots I found useful for those wanting to do their own research::
http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=42415
http://forum.untouchable-clan.de/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=b0f8a5efc33964c9824ddfdd691318b1
Back to top Go down
Orpherus
Admin
Orpherus

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:54 am

In case you've tried completing some of the guild quests, you should have recieved some guild rubies as a reward. Personally, I have no preference in what we should build. Drill grounds would be just as fine as any.
Back to top Go down
Andraliel

Andraliel

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:00 am

Guild quests, you say?

Would that bulletin board be stupid? The rubies could then be used for further buildings which need them? Okay, I know that costs money lots... and that mailbox would be nice, too.... arg. I don't know xD
Back to top Go down
Orpherus
Admin
Orpherus

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:04 am

The bulletin board requires a guild lvl9, but I mean those pre-quests the guild house maid gives.
Back to top Go down
Amareecia

Amareecia

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 6:22 pm

Andraliel wrote:
... and that mailbox would be nice, too.... xD

I agree about the mailbox.
Back to top Go down
Orpherus
Admin
Orpherus

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:06 am

If people want mailboxes and bulletin boards, I guess we should head for the lvl9, yes?
Back to top Go down
Andraliel

Andraliel

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:09 am

I am for the bulletin boards. There are too few quests already.
Back to top Go down
Iarna

Iarna

PostSubject: The hard work will pay off   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 5:47 pm

I can happily say that we are past half way to 9th level. Whee Smile

We are still lacking in ore and in rubies so please make sure all your chars do the q that the guild maid gives and donate as much ore as you can.

(And at the same time I can say that if you ever need any ore/wood/herb don't be afraid ask me to grind some, I'll be happy to do it. As thanks you can compliment me on my high skills in gathering. *kisses her biceps muscles*)

kthxb!
Back to top Go down
Armistan

Armistan

PostSubject: Mailbox finished   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyTue May 03, 2011 12:06 pm

Last night Iarna bought us all the rubies needed and finally we have nine levels and a mailbox. I'd personally like to thank everyone who helped contribute resources. It was a long project, but we made it!

Now the question begs, what should we strive for next?

There's still two siege war buildings which have cosmetic value, but we might want to leave some open spaces in the yard. While a personal favourite of mine, the throne room, wouldn't be that hard to get, we might need some structural changes to take place within the guild first. I for one cannot imagine Orpherus on a throne of his own free will.
Back to top Go down
Orpherus
Admin
Orpherus

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyTue May 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Well indeed, thank you everyone for your hard work! Now we have a mailbox (as well as another teleport circle and an inner gate - which, by the way, cost nothing).

Personally, I think the throne room is quite unnecessary as it costs a lot of guild runes and I can barely imagine any use for it roleplay-wise. Orphe is too humble to sit on a throne and I can hardly see any structural changes coming either.

Does anyone want guild bulletin boards? I think we would have enough of materials and runes but we need a lot of money for it.
Back to top Go down
Iarna

Iarna

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Now (after everything we wanted), I would like to see us level the library. study

I know you feel the few seconds are useless, but to me they are worth many gold coins king So I'm going to start slowly gather the materials for that, already donated enough wood. If you feel like this is a just cause, I would be happy not having to do this alone. So I guess the construction continues, not just IC (I mean the gate, for those dumbasses who doesn't get it Razz)

lol!
Back to top Go down
Iarna

Iarna

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 3:13 pm

I can't believe it! It's already done. Thanks to everybody <3

What then? Next 10secs? tongue
Back to top Go down
Andraliel

Andraliel

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:02 pm

Thanks to contributors! :D

..that 10 sec is just ridiculous, really xD But I don't mind, especially after some weeping coast naga encounter. -__-
Back to top Go down
Armistan

Armistan

PostSubject: New buildings?   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:16 am

Myself and Iarna seem to enjoy gathering materials for the guild castle so we were just discussing the other day what we could aim for next, with Library III now built. Aside from upgrading our small gathering buildings, there's not much left with a gameplay impact that doesn't cost guild runes or rubies so I once again looked into the few possible new buildings we could still add to the castle yard.

Made a spy alt and eventually discovered a visitable guild who has all three. "Bulgaria" is currently about half the elevator down from guild information list if you wish to see them for yourself. Nonetheless, screenshots are on the link below. What do you guys think, would any of these feel useful for our RP?

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/g/593/arsenalfront.jpg/

Oh right, the buildings are named from left to right: Arsenal, Farm and Processing Factory.
Back to top Go down
Iarna

Iarna

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:26 am

I wouldn't mind having the processing factory as a private workplace for Dan Smile
Back to top Go down
Orpherus
Admin
Orpherus

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:56 am

^I didn't know brothels can be called "processing factories".
Back to top Go down
Orpherus
Admin
Orpherus

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Now most of the sensible upgrades have been carried out, and we have some useful level III facilities in the castle, and I doubt others need to be upgraded. I doubt anyone uses the stable buffs, for example.
That said, we've reached the point with not much left to do. In order to get to level IV with anything, we'd need an Academy level IV. I think that upgrade requires guild stones. You could get them as a siege war reward, as far as I know, and there are some available in the AH – but their price per unit generally has five digits, so they're expensive.
A throne would still be within a reasonable price range, I guess, but personally I don't really want that. It's just cosmetic and too OOC for us, in my opinion.
Certainly the most awesome upgrades, however, would be the wall and main building upgrades – with hell a lot of effort we could get a castle made of stone instead of wood, but honestly, the expenses are insane... (Almost 10kk gold, 4kk+ ore, 150k guild rubies... Looks awesome, but yeah, we could get them in 2020.)
Back to top Go down
Iarna

Iarna

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:43 am

It's not an impossible goal, but... it might take the nine years like you said. I'm up for the challenge if everyone else is too Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild castle – the construction continues   Guild castle – the construction continues Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild castle – the construction continues
Page 1 of 1