Apatia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

— A Runes of Magic Roleplaying Guild Forum —

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roleplaying Rules .::READ THIS!::.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Orpherus
Admin
Orpherus

Roleplaying Rules .::READ THIS!::. Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying Rules .::READ THIS!::.   Roleplaying Rules .::READ THIS!::. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:42 am

I have gathered a few somewhat universal roleplaying rules here, and they should be obeyed in our RoM roleplay events as much as possible. They are most likely self-evident for those who have roleplayed before, but I suggest taking a look.

1. No god-moding
i.e. being too powerful

God-moding has several meanings in roleplay. Basically, your character should not be too powerful. But well, the game itself determines your powers; a lvl55 character just happens to have practised a lot, and thus, is far more talented and better at fighting than a lvl40 character. There is no need to distort that. On the other hand, mobs and bosses make sure you're not too powerful.

God-moding also means that your character knows too much. Pay attention to this! You, as a player, will most likely know much, much more about other characters and the general storyline that your character does. You need to make sure that your character's knowledge is based on things they have experienced. Out of character plotting does not add to your character's experiences. However, in case everyone concerned is fine with your character knowing more than they should, and this has been planned in advance, it's acceptable to break this rule. Note that the things you read in character descriptions are usually things your character cannot know beforehands!

2. No powerplay
i.e. controlling other people's characters

Once again, the game itself makes this quite difficult. You can't possibly move other characters or make them talk. However, when you describe minor actions using the /s channel, you have to make sure you don't commit this.

An example: *touches Fellow's wound making him scream from pain*
No, you may only try to touch the other character, but you cannot know whether they will scream or not.

Basically, those were the most important roleplaying rules. I have two friendly suggestions left to improve the quality of roleplay:

– Avoid using smileys. Describe expressions in words instead.
– Pay attention to grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Back to top Go down
http://apatia.guildmmorpg.net

Roleplaying Rules .::READ THIS!::.
Page 1 of 1