Apatia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

— A Runes of Magic Roleplaying Guild Forum —

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Discussing emotes~

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Orpherus
Admin
Orpherus

Discussing emotes~ Empty
PostSubject: Discussing emotes~   Discussing emotes~ EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 10:30 am

The other day Andraliel and I discussed how it would be nice to have more emotes in RoM. Especially some that are interactive in a way, "sitting before someone" is like... what? In other words, emotes that would have a point having a target. And since we're a roleplaying oriented guild, having more emotes would be particularly cool, right?
Sooooo, list actions that you'd love to have made into emotes! n____n If we get some very cool suggestions, perhaps we could even send a letter to Frogster in case they would consider adding some in the future.

Personally, I think that poking would be fun. Though it could also turn very annoying if people liked it too much and kept poking others like no tomorrow. I'd also like wink (although it's difficult to see – even though the characters do keep blinking, but there could be something like... a movement of their head added to the gesture), comfort (perhaps a pat on the shoulder? or a hug? yet these would look strange if the target character was not close enough, and standing in the right place), and then, in instances it would be nice to have a gesture to show that the way is clear, others can come safely, and also a gesture to make others stop and one to order them to stay silent (shh).
Back to top Go down
http://apatia.guildmmorpg.net

Discussing emotes~ Empty
PostSubject: great idea   Discussing emotes~ EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:49 am

i think this is a great idea and think it would be fun with poking but also agree would be annoying if too many pokes

one sussestion is the finger to mouth to ssh another player lol
Back to top Go down
Orpherus
Admin
Orpherus

Discussing emotes~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussing emotes~   Discussing emotes~ EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:22 am

Yeah, the finger to mouth gesture is a serious lack, or at least they already have much more stupid things there... And I really think it would be cool in dangerous instances. I also think that a hand gesture to ask others to come closer is a must!
Although rogues have the hide skill, I think it would be nice if others could also move in that way. Only rogues could have the profits of being invisible, but others could also pretend to move slowly and carefully.
Fainting would be fun too. A character should just collapse and stay on the ground until moved. I also dislike the current sleeping position, it'd be better if they slept on one side.
Back to top Go down
Andraliel

Andraliel

Discussing emotes~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussing emotes~   Discussing emotes~ EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:23 am

They should also correct the laughter and such emotions so that they would work while seated, too. And every chair should be seatable (is that even a word?).

Aah, Frogster has so many things to work with Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Orpherus
Admin
Orpherus

Discussing emotes~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussing emotes~   Discussing emotes~ EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 9:27 am

Woah, they actually implemented some new emotes with the patch 2.1.6! And I hadn't even requested any. XD Either way, what do you people think about them? They're quite "stupid" – in other words bloody funny but somewhat pointless, but I really like them. Roleplaying-wise, I really liked the tribute one, and I might find some real use for kick and flex as well. And the rest just made me ROFL, they were pretty great. XD I love the new dances, and the hand-stand!
With these updates, knowing now that they are actually interested in working on such small details in the game (in addition to creating new instances and such), I think we really should send them an email requesting some of our suggestions. I really am going to do that once we've got more good ideas! :D
Back to top Go down
Andraliel

Andraliel

Discussing emotes~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussing emotes~   Discussing emotes~ EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 9:33 am

Just crossed my mind that emote where character doesn't want to listen another, like hands in the ears and saying like "blaa blaa" to itself, would be funny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Noryel

Discussing emotes~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussing emotes~   Discussing emotes~ EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:52 am

I agree with everything said...especially with fainting cause it can work for many situations, like if somebody dies or is knocked to the ground or unconcious. I seriously miss such emote! Good idea with the...id call it prowling or sneaking....emote. Id also add something like "Cheers" with a visible cup or mug of beer or something. Also if you know perfect world (F2P game) there are some emotes that connect the two chars like men can hold female chars in theyr hands and carry them arround freely even on a mount! Ofcourse both players have to click accept and both can cancel it anytime they want. They also can kiss while in this position so it would be really good if such (not necesarily this) emotes could be added. About poke emote id make it the same "Do you accept poke from *name*?" this would ensure that it doesnt get annoying Very Happy, also id add some kind of slap in the face for female chars and a punch with a fist for male (also would have to be accepted to make the animation happen properly). Oh to get back to that prowling they could also add "wounded" stance like the character would walk slowly and hold theyr arm or stomach and hobble. Also could add "drunk stance" or something like that. Even could add "bored" just for fun...like the char would start to smoke a pipe or play with a squirell or start drawing or reading. Many of these emotes are in WoW, Aion and other games so it isnt impossible to make them and i think Frogster could do it with no problems Smile

Back to top Go down
Iarna

Iarna

Discussing emotes~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussing emotes~   Discussing emotes~ EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:01 am

All sounds good to me Smile
But the one I miss the most is /me -emotes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Discussing emotes~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussing emotes~   Discussing emotes~ Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussing emotes~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Apatia :: General :: General Out of Character-
Jump to: