Apatia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

— A Runes of Magic Roleplaying Guild Forum —

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for group!

Go down 
+2
Armistan
Noryel
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Armistan

Armistan

Looking for group! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:34 am

Right then, while Nory is coming up with the formation of our little group, I've given some further thought to starting zone and level. Once again, romwiki has been helpful providing this list: http://www.theromwiki.com/Instance_List
The levels are quest levels, so I'd assume Bloody Gallery is intended for a full well-geared party of level 20 characters and Forsaken Abbey for level 25s, both in Silverspring. However, the highest quests can be picked up as early as level 18. I'd suggest we start with our primary classes at level 20, since it's very fast in terms of any kind of levelling up to that point. Secondary class matters less, but I was thinking of putting this character on a separate account so I can powerlevel its secondary to 29 with Armistan at some point as to not worry about it for some time to come.
Would this be all right with everyone?
Back to top Go down
Orpherus
Admin
Orpherus

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 6:33 am

At least BG and FA are good places to start the instance runs since we're all probably very familiar with the threats and can concentrate on whatever our characters are supposed to do. However, at least one quest to FA (maybe Ancarlos Research Note) requires a looong quest chain to be completed before you get it, so it might be important to agree whether the party starts clearing the Silverspring quests together or well... However that is done. Or whether all characters will simply be powerleveled to 20 instead of completing low level quests.
Back to top Go down
http://apatia.guildmmorpg.net
Amareecia

Amareecia

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 10:12 am

Noryel wrote:
. The group will be max 4 people cause more means a lot of problems with synchronization and too many characters would be too chaotic to RP together.
It appears you already have 4 in the group- Would it be so bad to have 6? I've talked to my better half about this, (especially the need for commitment, since "Athian" bailed on us just weeks after he joined the guild) We would be interested in joining the party. I think it would be easier to have 6 in one group than trying to juggle 2 groups. Also, some instances almost require 6 in a group, to survive (at recommended levels). I don't think it would be too chaotic. 'Athian' doesn't talk much anyway.

If you would have us, I would like to play a druid/scout (healer) My better half would fill whatever class the group needs for a good balance.
Noryel wrote:
Anyone interested please post your ideal time and day and what kind of character you would like to play
We are on Eastern Daylight Time (us) which puts us 6-7 hours ahead of most in the group. We would not be awake until at least 10am our time on Saturdays. That puts our best time at Saturday evening, for those of you across the pond.
Noryel wrote:
i had an idea (a bit of a challenge) that Id prewrite some characters and everyone would pick one and try to play it as best as they can.
Noryel, if you wish to write me a druid/scout, that would be OK with me. I had a noble~yet~timid personality in mind... either gender. Perhaps someone who doesn't really want to be out and about, but is bound to follow [someone else] around for whatever reason.
""It is only to honor the dying wish of your father that I subject myself to this radical idea""
Back to top Go down
Noryel

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:11 pm

I dont see a problem with letting you join if you can manage to synch with the rest of us Reece.
Anyway im sorry i havent been online lately (me got a girlfriend Very Happy ). Anyway i already have general idea about the groups "story glue". Ill write it down with some concepts of characters you could play. Reece im not sure about prewriting a char for you, maybe if your other half wanted one too i could make them a storyline or connect them somehow wich could work out well. I think ill post group background etc. somewhere around wednesday or so. Meanwhile at least pick a role you want everyone (just say class) kay? We got Reece as a Druid, I would love to try out rogue or knight but Armi propably wants to be knight too so ill stick with the rogue propably with some kind of combination (maybe warden? or warrior?)

Im really looking forward to this. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Andraliel

Andraliel

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:24 pm

I'm really looking forward too!

About the class once again, I said I can be dps or something, I can also be a healer if there is such a big group coming :)

Reece!! So nice to see you! I have missed you everytime I was online! :C
Back to top Go down
Armistan

Armistan

PostSubject: No Knight, nuh uh.   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:29 am

Nory, you got it wrong. I have no wish to tank with this new character, since that is what Armistan already does. As said before, I'd like to try out melee single-target dps with Warrior/Rogue. So feel free to take the tanking position with a Knight, Nory.

I'm very much looking forward to reading about the overall idea so I can get to working on my own character!
Back to top Go down
Noryel

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:40 am

Background coming up tonight guys...stay tuned...
Back to top Go down
Noryel

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:48 am

Oh and by the way ill stick with the knight than so you guys pick whatever suits you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amareecia

Amareecia

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:08 pm

**Watches and waits in excited anticipation**
Back to top Go down
Noryel

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:03 pm

background done (its not genial but i think it could work out) its in its own topic
there are some suggestions about the motivation of the chars (the basic motivations)
hidden in the story. Anyway the armored girl is my char (knight) but i still have to think her through till i post her desc. Btw anyone would like to play a the bard character? I mean the one telling the story Smile
Back to top Go down
Armistan

Armistan

PostSubject: Let's set a date.   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:09 pm

I like the open story Nory has come up with and had a chance to write a character reply tonight. I hope none are offended with the liberties I took, implementing past happenstance as well. Should get to levelling and gearing the character later on in the week, I don't think I'll make a proper character desciption post until after I have played Xulrae IC.

Just one point about the story, I think it's useful to tie the characters so closely in with the plot, but it does present us with a bit of an added explaining when someone misses a session. No need for alarm or changing anything, we just have to be prepared with a few solid ideas since it's impossible for everyone to make if every week.

Speaking of sessions, why not set the first one right away. I suggest saturday the 17th so everyone has time to flesh out their characters and Reece plus significant other might make it. If this is starting to feel too early or people are otherwise engaged, we can always push it back. Just best not to do so too much or we lose momentum.
Back to top Go down
Noryel

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:26 pm

I agree with 17th but it has to be in the evening. I have a job in capital city so i wont be back sooner than 7 pm. About tied characters it can be bent to our needs as my char is the caster so she can change the range of the spell or whatever to make it feel allright if someone misses a session.
Back to top Go down
Amareecia

Amareecia

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:31 am

Armistan wrote:
I think it's useful to tie the characters so closely in with the plot, but it does present us with a bit of an added explaining when someone misses a session.
Could we not say that during a missed session the character is assumed to simply follow along, and ultimately agrees to any major group decisions? (even if begrudgingly) They can always change there mind and cause problems next session.

Of course, that person would need to be brought up to speed next session. But if attempting to leave the group means certain death, I think this would be the easiest method, eliminating the need to explain absences.
Back to top Go down
Andraliel

Andraliel

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:49 am

Or depending the personality, one can simply..disappear. And then come back like "What...why you are looking at me like that? Did you got any problems?" :) I was thinking this very thing by myself, too. As Armistan once said, there are millions of reasons why someone would leave (or said something about doing this thing..ehm).
Back to top Go down
Noryel

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:17 pm

I think its the simplest of our problems as you can think up almost any excuse and i want to post summaryzed story of every session here on the forum so anyone missing a session will roughly know what happened.
Back to top Go down
Andraliel

Andraliel

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:37 pm

Hey guys,

what kind of gear are you getting to your charas? Some überstatted or are they just like quest rewards?
Back to top Go down
Amareecia

Amareecia

PostSubject: No Uberstats here   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 11:49 pm

Reece is on the low end of "normal" as far as gear goes.. Its all about the fashon, ya know. Smile
Back to top Go down
Armistan

Armistan

PostSubject: Gear.   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:39 am

Why, "überstatter" of course. Would there be a better project for one to use their gold on. Xulrae has seven pieces of statted gear, three of which I managed to find with yellow stats. I've also made weapons for him with Armistan's blacksmithing since those are most important of all for a melee-dps. And not to forget vanity, (with help from Iarna) I've finally managed to aggregate and colour him into a nice looking set.

Let's just hope all this extra strength doesn't mean that I keep snatching aggro from the tank.
Back to top Go down
Noryel

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:32 am

Uh...i think it does cause i dont really have money to buy superstat things...maybe if you got anything you could lend me?
Back to top Go down
Armistan

Armistan

PostSubject: Lending gear   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:36 am

Don't underestimate the power of Holy Strike and Whirlwind Shield with their "each skill level adds to aggro". That being said, I have great sympathy for tanking so let me see if I can scrounge up some old statted gear to buff your HP up at least. Should have something by the time we get started on saturday.

Which reminds me, did we agree on a time? I think Reece had a rough suggestion but it might be best to set an exact hour.
Back to top Go down
Iarna

Iarna

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:18 am

I can also (waste my surplus money on you and) reward your missions with nice gear. I am a questgiver after all and I consider it my duty and honor to give you questrewards Smile
Back to top Go down
Armistan

Armistan

PostSubject: Starting time   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:25 am

My mistake, should have just included a suggestion on the time the first time around. Let's see then. Finland is GMT +3 and Reece plus significant other (is she coming?) are GMT -4 (Eastern Standard Time).

We might start right away at U.S. 10:00 am which is 17:00 in Finland (and 14:00 GMT if you live in Greenwich). Would this be all right with everyone?
Or we could easily put it off for a couple of hours without going on too late for the finns, it being a saturday evening and all, if that works better for someone.
Back to top Go down
Andraliel

Andraliel

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:28 am

I'm in. :)

Who is coming anyway?
Back to top Go down
Amareecia

Amareecia

PostSubject: absolute earliest   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:41 am

The later the better, but 10:00/1700 is do~able. Its 10:30 here now, and I just dragged myself out of bed. S/O still snoozing. Had a late night (early morning) at work. 11:00 / 1800 would be better, here.

To reinforce Armistans suggestion for a starting point, I would say, based on the story intro, that outside the spider cave near Logar would be a good starting location.. The moongorge instance cave is pretty cool too, but at the start we're already outside.
Back to top Go down
Orpherus
Admin
Orpherus

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:10 pm

I'm not sure if I can be online on Saturday, at least I don't think I can make it there at 5pm. Anyway, I've mentally prepared myself for not being there, and well... That's why I haven't posted my character description yet. In case I cannot be online, I'd like to play out his debut, in other words I'd like him to join the group later than the others. Though he needs persuasion... At least he's reached level 20/20 so in that sense he's ready to go. Level 1 clothes are another question...

I guess I'll just have to post the description after the debut. Oh well, let's see when he can join.
Back to top Go down
http://apatia.guildmmorpg.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for group!   Looking for group! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for group!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Apatia :: Role Playing :: Role Playing-
Jump to: